ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ABOUT VENDING AT THE MARKET
Do I qualify to vend at the market?
Priority will be given to:
- Local farmers/producers who bring product to the market that is 100% grown and harvested on farmland they own, lease, and/or operate
- Vendors who create high quality, unique or unusual items not already well represented at the market.
- Businesses with potential for growth into storefronts in local commercial districts, or products with the potential for commercialization.
- Prepared food vendors with limited menus that meet one or more of these criteria: 1. start-up with potential for incubation; 2. Does not compete directly with existing Downtown Business; 3. Offers unique or ethnic food.
- Franchises and third-party sellers including direct/party sales consultants and distributors will not be considered. Vendors selling services will also not be considered.
What do I need in order to vend at the market?
All vendors are required to have certificate of liability insurance with Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin listed as an additional insured. No home owners policies will be accepted.
All vendors selling food products must submit all applicable permits and licenses required by the health department, city, and state for legal sale of good offered by the vendor at the market.
Any other necessary food permits may be obtaining by contacting the City of Elgin Health Division.
How will I know that I have been accepted into the market?
All applications are reviewed and approved by the Elgin Farmers Market Committee. Vendors that have been approved to sell at the market will receive a confirmation email from the Market Manager.
Can I sign up for individual dates or do I have to commit to the whole season?
Individual dates are available.
Can I have more than one booth space?
Vendors can select from a single booth space or a double booth space at the market. Booth space will be 14’ wide by 18’ deep – the equivalent of 1.5 parking space or one (1) 10’ x 10’ tent size space.
Am I allowed to have my car on site during the market?
All vendors may drive into the market space for easy unloading. A limited amount of spaces will be available to keep cars on site but will be based on an assessment of vendor needs and products upon Farmers Market Committee Approval.
What Happens If It Rains?
The market is open rain or shine! In case of severe weather or lightening we may close. If the weather looks bad please check our Facebook page.
How Can I Sign-Up To Be A Vendor?
Applications for vendor interest is ongoing. Click here to apply.
Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin
31 S. Grove Avenue, Suite 100
Elgin, IL 60120