Elgin Partnership for Early Learning (EPEL) collaborates with partners to ensure that children are supported in becoming ready for kindergarten.
Our vision is to engage the whole community in preparing children to succeed in school and in life.
Our purpose is to:
- Ensure a shared vision for young children in the Elgin community is clearly held, broadly disseminated, and acted upon.
- Support awareness and access for families to high-quality child development and early learning experiences.
- Coordinate efforts across all birth to five programs to increase impact and efficiency.
- Support quality improvement and capacity building of birth to five professionals and organizations.
- Respond to Elgin community data about strengths, needs, and gaps.
Our Message: We have adopted a straightforward message to share with parents and caregivers. Using these five simple practices from birth will help children during the critical period of early brain development.
TALK * PLAY * READ * DO * WRITE … GIVE ME FIVE!