Downtown Elgin Harvest Market Returns for its 15th Season
Elgin, IL— The Downtown Neighborhood Association is excited to continue in its 15th year of the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market – Presented by Alexian Brothers Health System – with opening day on Thursday, June 5, 9am – 2pm. Located prominently in downtown Elgin at 200 N. Grove Avenue, near the Centre of Elgin, Gail Borden Public Library, and Hemmens Cultural Center, this weekly outdoor market will run for eighteen consecutive weeks thru October 2.
Opening day at the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market will consist of:
- Davey Tree tote bags and Harvest Market buttons for customers
- More than 20 area vendors who offer locally grown and produced fresh vegetables, fruits, breads, meat, cheese, spices, honey, herbs, olive oil, soaps and lotions, caramel popcorn, knife sharpening, wooden items, and concessions complete with coffee drinks.
- WRMN 1410 will be present at the market with their Radio Shopping Show to remind folks to think of them when planning their summertime fun whether local waterparks, waterpark stays or complete fun packs for the Dells. They will also be giving away waterpark passes to Magic Waters, Coco Keys and Elgin Aquatic.
- Weekly live entertainment will be sponsored by the Grand Victoria Casino – promoting local musicians at a daytime venue in Downtown Elgin with opening day including acoustic musician Greg Wheaton playing 9:30am – 11:30am and Strings of Silk trio performing noon – 2pm.
- Along with accepting Link, Debit, and Credit cards the market in partnership BMO Harris Bank will again be offering a double value for those customers who use Link. Use your Link card at the market and it will be matched up to $20.00 in additional Link tokens per person, per week.
- Regular customers will also want to stop by the information booth to sign up for a free market challenge card to collect stamps when they shop and do something healthy and get rewards throughout the season. Opening day they will receive free water bottles from the Grand Victoria Casino!
- Two weekly local artist booths with different art exhibits and art for sale – organized by Art for All and Side Street Studio Arts.
- Shared Harvest Elgin Food Cooperative will also be out at the market every week helping their local shareholders in selling their extra produce and goods.
- Weekly Interactive, informational community and sponsor booths focusing on wellness, environment, sustainability, and the community will be out in full swing with 20 plus non-profits and businesses coming out through the summer.
- Back for its second year, starting June 12 will be the “Rainbowland: An Adventure at the Market” kid’s programming catered to 4yrs old through 6th grade running for ten weeks noon – 2pm. Sponsored by presenting sponsor Alexian Brothers Health Systems this program will be featuring three 20 minutes sessions from active fitness fun, to cooking demos, to an interactive activity, and fun stuff to bring home!
For more details about weekly events, vendor information, live entertainment and attractions at the 2014 Downtown Elgin Harvest Market, visit www.ElginHarvestMarket.com.
The Downtown Elgin Harvest Market is presented by Alexian Brothers Health System and is sponsored by Davey Tree Expert Company, Waste Management, Chiro One Wellness Center, D’Angelo Natural Spring Water, Daisy Bliss Yoga, Shared Harvest Elgin Food Cooperative, Wolko Design Group, and Ziegler’s Ace Hardware.
For more information on the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market or how to get involved, please contact Harvest Market manager Jennifer Benson at 847-488-1456 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.