QUESTION & RESPONSES
When does your market start and where is it?
This year’s season will run 18 weeks, beginning Thursday, June 4 and will run through Thursday, October 1, 9am – 2pm. It is located at 200 N. Grove Avenue, Elgin, IL 60120 in Downtown Elgin across from the Gail Borden Public Library, Centre of Elgin, and the Hemmens Cultural Center.
How much does it cost for a space and what do I get for it?
We have three payment options a small business can choose from to be present at our market:
- Early deadline rate April 1, 2015: $275.00 for the 18 week season. (Only $15.28 a week). After April 1, 2015 the season rate goes up to $350.00. This option gets the business early publicity, in market marketing pieces, a set booth space( 10′ x 10′) for the season, and the best savings.
- Sign up for the weekly rate: $30.00 (One saves $190-$290 if one pays for the whole season before June 5)
This option is a good way to try out the market and get a 10′ x 10′ booth space.
- Sign up for the custom rate: Sign up for 4 weeks or more in advance and get 25% off
This option is also good for trying out the market, getting a 10′ x 10′ space, and saving some money by giving in advance commitment.
Extra costs would be electric for $50 for the season or $5 per market day. If your business needs more than one 10′ x 10′ tent there is a one time charge of $25 per extra space.
As I fill out the online application what can I expect that my business will be required to provide besides its basic info?
- We have a required EBT/Link Agreement Form for all of our vendors to fill out and agree to.
- As a business you will be required to provide a copy of your certificate of liability insurance. Click HERE to see sample.
- All vendors selling food products must contact Brad Bohner of the City of Elgin Health Division at email@example.com or at 847.931.5934 to obtain, if any, necessary seasonal temporary food permits. The Health Division will schedule an inspection of your food booth and accept payment for your permit upon approval of your application. Food vendors with a valid 2014 Kane County seasonal temporary permit must also complete and submit an Elgin Health Division seasonal temporary food vendor application and pass inspection, but will not be charged an additional fee for the City of Elgin permit.
- As a business you will need to agree to the 2015 Elgin Harvest Market Vendor Rules & Guidelines, which states your business falls within our guidelines and that your business and its employees will follow our rules/guidelines at the market.