The Harvest Market is a seasonal and weekly, outdoor farmers market located at 200 North Grove Avenue in Downtown Elgin and organized by the Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin and presented by Alexian Brothers Health Systems. The market meets every Thursday, June 4 – October 1, 9am – 2pm. In its sixteenth year the market offers and encourages locally grown and sustainably produced food from area businesses who offer fresh, quality vegetables, fruits, bread, meat, olives, spices, and knife sharpening services.
The market continually provides an outlet for educational opportunities on sustainable practices and healthy living from local community oriented organizations and businesses.
Additionally to supporting local artists the market cultivates a welcoming, accessible, family-friendly, and entertaining public space atmosphere to shop, learn and discover in Downtown Elgin.
RETURNING THIS YEAR by popular demand is our “HM in the PM” which is at NIGHT and INSIDE the Grand Victoria Casino’s pavilion on the third Thursdays of the month June 18, July 16, August 20, and September 17, 4-7pm! Shop for local products such as local veggies, soaps, honey, and more in air-conditioned and rain-free comfort. So come join us – entry is free and you can dine in one of Grand Victoria’s Casino’s great restaurants after you shop!
- 20-25 local vendors each week
- 400+ average customers each week
- 23,500 cars go by on a daily basis
- Prominent Location (Directions)
- Free parking and public transportation nearby
- Handicap Accessible
- Portolets & handwashing stations
courtesy of Waste Management
- Leashed pets welcome
- Free Cold Water Cooler
courtesy of D’Angelo Natural Spring Water
- Located next to the Gail Borden Public Library, Centre of Elgin, and Hemmens Cultural Center
- Cash, Link cards, and all major credit and debit cards are accepted (Double value match for customers with the Link card is courtesy of BMO Harris Bank)