For the first time, this winter DNA’s Harvest Market will be coordinating a monthly Indoor Farmer’s Market, presented by Advocate Sherman Hospital and in partnership with Shared Harvest. The market will feature a curated variety of vendors each month from October through March.
You can visit the market from 10:00am – 1:00pm on:
October 27 – November 10 – December 8 – January 12 – February 9 – and March 9
The Harvest Market is a seasonal and weekly, outdoor farmers market located at 200 North Grove Avenue in Downtown Elgin and organized by the Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin and presented by AMITA Health. The market meets every Thursday from the first week of June through he first week of October, 9am – 2pm. In its seventeenth year, the market offers and encourages locally grown and sustainably produced food from area businesses who offer fresh, quality vegetables, fruits, bread, meat, baked goods, flowers, honey, olives and spices.
The market continually provides an outlet for educational opportunities on sustainable practices and healthy living from local community oriented organizations and businesses.
Additionally, the DNA’s Harvest Market supports local artists and cultivates a welcoming, accessible, family-friendly, dog-friendly and entertaining public space atmosphere to shop, learn and discover in Downtown Elgin.
- 20-25 local vendors each week
- 500 customers each week
- 23,500 cars go by on a daily basis
- Prominent Location (Directions)
- Free parking and public transportation nearby
- Handicap Accessible
- Portolets & handwashing stations
courtesy of Waste Management
- Leashed pets welcome
- Free Cold Water Cooler
courtesy of D’Angelo Natural Spring Water
- Located next to the Gail Borden Public Library, Centre of Elgin, and Hemmens Cultural Center
- Cash, Link cards, and all major credit and debit cards are accepted (Double value match for customers with the Link card is courtesy of BMO Harris Bank)