Downtown Neighborhood Association (DNA) of Elgin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, volunteer-driven organization focused on enhancing the economic vitality of downtown Elgin through promotions, special events, economic development and historic preservation. DNA utilizes the National Main Street’s 4-Point Approach® to downtown revitalization and is a designated Illinois Main Street Community.
- Be the “Keeper of the Vision” for downtown.
- Create and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Provide a united and authoritative voice on downtown issues.
- Cultivate the leadership required to implement necessary actions.
- Garner resources to successfully implement the revitalization effort.
- Market the positives of downtown and diminish the misconceptions.
- Enhance the physical image and appearance of downtown.
- Support economic growth and a diversified tax base.
- Educate community about the value of a thriving downtown and DNA’s role in it.
- Support and assist with the city’s downtown capital improvement projects.