The Downtown Neighborhood Association (DNA) of Elgin is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, member and volunteer-driven organization that represents the interests of the Downtown area. The Association’s purpose is to foster a center of activity and ensure economic stability for the heart of Elgin in partnership with supporting members.
The DNA is dedicated to the success of local Downtown Elgin businesses. Our organization plans, coordinates and executes a wide variety of annual events such as First Fridays, Small Business Saturday, Harvest Market, Pub Crawl, Winter Wonderland and more. All of which are designed to support local business, enhance the image of Downtown Elgin and promote economic activity.
SOME OF OUR GOALS
- Enhance the image of Downtown Elgin.
- Create and maintain partnerships with local business owners.
- Support economic growth and encourage local entrepreneurship.
- Provide potential new businesses with resources and guidance.
- Assist supporting members through effective marketing and promotions.
- Cultivate relationships with local organizations for the good of Downtown Elgin.
- Educate the Elgin community and surrounding suburbs about all Downtown Elgin related matters including community and business events, new business openings, real estate opportunities, historic preservation, career opportunities and more.
The Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin is comprised of a dedicated group of individuals who diligently work together to enhance and promote businesses in the Downtown Elgin area. Through ongoing event planning, marketing, promotions and communications, we work towards helping our supporting members thrive in our vibrant Downtown Elgin.