The Positively Elgin Photo Contest was created by a group of Elgin Area Leadership Academy students who want to promote the positives of Elgin. The contest will highlight the hidden gems of Elgin and the winning photos will be showcased at the Gail Borden Public Library, 270 N. Grove Avenue. Contest winners will also receive special prizes.
RULES & INFORMATION
1. Photos must be taken within Elgin, Illinois.
2. Photos must be of places, not faces.
3. An individual can only submit 1 photo.
4. Photo submissions can begin immediately but will not be accepted after March 15, 2013.
5. Please submit photos as a JPEG via email to EALAPhotoContest@gmail.com.
6. Submission email should include the photo, contestant’s name, age, address, phone number and date and location (in Elgin) where the photo was taken.
7. Elgin Area Leadership Academy reserves all rights to pictures on submission. In submitting a photo, each contestant is providing consent that the Elgin Area Leadership Academy can use the submitted photos in publications as well as having the photos showcased at local area exhibit spaces. Photos are schedules for display at Gail Borden Public Library from April 1-7.
Pictures will be posted on the Elgin Area Leadership Academy Facebook page for viewing and voting by the public. Only the contestant’s name and location of picture will be displayed on Facebook.
- “Like” the Elgin Area Leadership Academy Facebook page.
- Click on the “Photos” and find the album “Positively Elgin Photo Contest”.
- Click on the photos you like to bring up the larger view, then choose the “Like” option for that photo.
- Each “Like” on a photo = 1 vote.
- All contestants under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate.
- All votes must be submitted before March 29, 2013
- Winners will be announced on Facebook by Noon on April 1, 2013. Contest winners will also be notified through email.
The award-winning Elgin Area Leadership Academy (EALA) of the Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce is an experience for individuals interested in building an understanding of community leadership through exposure, enrichment and engagement. This premier program crafts and delivers a curriculum specifically designed to assistn individuals in becoming active and engaged users in their community. EALA is a 10-month program featuring distinguished community leaders, content experts and successful executives in the Elgin area sharing their ideas, perspectives and experiences. Monthly programs provide individuals with the skills, knowledge, connections and engagement necessary to develop and leverage a strong professional network of future and current Elgin leaders in all industry types. Founded in 1991, more than 430 individuals have graduated from the Academy volunteering in virtually all aspects of the community.