The DNA is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, volunteer-driven organization focused on enhancing the economic vitality of downtown Elgin through promotions, special events, economic development and historic preservation. DNA utilizes the National Main Street’s 4-Point Approach to downtown revitalization and is a designated Illinois Main Street Community.
Membership is a critical component of our organization’s annual funding and long-term financial stability. Our members help us to carry out the DNA’s mission of advocating for and revitalizing downtown Elgin.
Top 10 Reasons to Support the Organization that Supports Downtown Elgin in 2013
1. Business Recruitment – helped nearly 20 new or relocated businesses open their doors in downtown Elgin this year to support economic growth and a diversified tax base
2. Design Services – began the process of developing a set of Downtown Design Guidelines and creation of a National Register district of historically contributing downtown buildings to take advantage of federal and state rehabilitation tax credits
3. Downtown Revitalization – educated the community about the value of a thriving downtown and DNA’s role in the process through public meetings, speaking engagements and Downtown Brainstorms
5. Engagement & Communications – launched brand new DowntownElgin.com website with updated content, more intuitive Events Calendar and interactive content; increased our weekly Downtown Neighborhood News Top 10 subscriber list to over 6,000 recipients
6. Historic Preservation – worked with downtown property owners to improve appearance and marketability of buildings while maintaining their historic integrity
7. Marketing & Promotions – grew the organization’s reach with engaging traditional and social media promotions such as Downtown Madness, Elgin Eat 16, Taste-N-Tweets and other marketing campaigns
8. Member & Community Partnerships – enhanced existing and new relationships with community partners via Elgin Home for the Holidays; promoted well over 1,000 member, City and other downtown events via our various communication resources
9. Special Events – organized a slate of community enriching downtown special events of all sizes from monthly Out to Lunch events to our weekly Harvest Market to the annual 4th of July Parade and more
10. Volunteer Services – well over 1,500 man hours invested into downtown Elgin events, committees and other downtown programming
Need one more reason to join as a DNA Member in 2013? Okay, how does ringing in the New Year with a brand new iPad 2 sound?
Now through January 14, 2013, join or renew your DNA Individual Membership for $30/annually or Family Membership for $50/annually and you will be entered into a drawing to win a new iPad 2 (16MB, WiFi) as well as other great prizes throughout the holiday season!
iPad Drawing Rules and Restrictions: iPad drawing to be conducted on January 16, 2013 and will consist of one entry per each new and renewing 2013 DNA Individual and Family Members who sign up between November 7, 2012 thru January 14, 2013. Downtown Business, Property Owner and Community Business Members are not part of the iPad drawing – Individual and Family Members ONLY!